Mr. Montgomery Burns: What can I say? I’m a big Simpsons fan! Doh!
Isang Paalala: Mag-ingat po lamang sa mga taong insecure. Nandiyan sila sa mga eskinita at paligid-ligid ng ating pamayanan. Iwasan ang taong nasa kaliwa hangga’t maari. Huwag hayaang malapitan ng lalaking ito. Marami na ang nagkamali, hindi ka sana isa mga iyon…
I have been expecting this movie since middle of last year. And the months passed by, the curiosity grew bigger and bigger. And finally, the long wait is over. The marvel opening credit really gives me the creeps. The story of how Johnny Blaze had to sell his soul to the devil(Mephistopheles) just to save his father(Barton) from death(he was diagnosed with lung cancer, I presume) but it has something to do with his smoking… Oooops, better cut on mine. His father didn’t die of cancer, but of a stunt accident. How unfortunate.
Eva Mendes as Roxanne Simpson, Johnny’s childhood sweetheart, who is now a successful TV reporter is so hot. Every scene where she’s in is really something to stare at. And with Mephistopheles’ son, Blackheart calling on the falling angels, the elements of Earth, Water & Fire, a battle is waiting to happen. The visual effects were stunning, including the transformation of his uber-cool motorcycle. Nicholas Cage is convincing as the Ghost Rider, the only superhero that can walk on both worlds. Really worth the wait.
2 down, 18 to go.
oh, well… this is really very hard for me. It is a pride swallowing review that never will I mention again. Over the past 26 years of life, I have been a huge follower of the Barangay Ginebra Kings (Ginebra, Añejo, Gordon’s Gin, whatever you may know them of). I have been to conversations, arguments & even fights involving my team. I have heard a number of tirades, criticism and allegations about BGK, but i stood my ground and never, ever leaned into believing such. But these Finals maybe something that would open up my eyes eventually. How often do you see a 7 game final, local or international, any sport for that matter, take a break without no credible reason? But it did, Game 4 was moved to a Wednesday instead of playing it on a Sunday, a family day, wherein thousands & thousands have the chance to watch it live. Maybe, they are planning out who will win frmo the two sister teams, or maybe the PBA commisioner met the two teams and reprimanded them of the “obvious” lackadaisical play of the other team(San Miguel). Questions, Questions, Questions. I need some answers.
Hmmm. I must admit, 1st movie I saw for this year. Believe it or not, haven’t been in a theater the past few months. Last flick I saw on the big screen was “Just My Luck” around September, or October last year.
My girlfriend I were choosing between Ghost Rider & this one. I was really eager to see the Nicholas Cage pegged movie since late last year(I even had it on my friendster photo), but we still decided to see a Hugh Grant-Drew Barrymore tandem a try.
I really am a fan of Hugh Grant, but he’s not among my list of favorite actors. weird! Since his, Four weddings & a funeral movie, Nine Months, Notting Hill, Bridget Jones’ Diary, Two Weeks Notice, etc. I was really amused on his intellectual comedy, if ever there is one.
And who doesn’t admire Drew Barrymore, eversince he posed for Guess, wow!
But this movie, really tickled my funny bone, and anne too. Most girls really found it cute on how “Pop” back-up Fletcher was doing the “Pop move” on an 80’s music video, “Pop goes my Heart”, hilarious! Too much Pop!
I don’t know about you guys, but Drew Barrymore really looks good when his leading man would be singing him a song, you can almost certainly the love and emotion that hits right through her heart. Remember “Forgetful Lucy – 50 First Dates”, “Grow Old With You – Wedding Singer”? “Dont Write Me Off” isn’t different. And the music/soundtrack of this movie, is also great. Just like what anne said. “Nice to watch a feel-good movie in this trial tested times.”
- A rat can last longer without water than a camel.
- Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks or it will digest itself.
- The dot over the letter “i” is called a tittle.
- A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top.
- A female ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot find a mate.
- Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
- A 2 X 4 is really 1-1/2″ by 3-1/2″.
- During the chariot scene in “Ben Hur,” a small red car can be seen in the distance (and Heston’s wearing a watch).
- On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily!
- Sherlock Holmes NEVER said, “Elementary, my dear Watson.”
- Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World War II were made of wood.
- The number of possible ways of playing the first four moves per side in a game of chess is 318,979,564,000.
- There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with orange, purple and silver.
- Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space because passing wind in a spacesuit damages them.
- The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin in World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
- If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and sting itself to death. (Who was the sadist who discovered this?)
- Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to s-l-o-w film down so you could see his moves. That’s the opposite of the norm.
- The first CD pressed in the US was Bruce Springsteen’s “Born in the USA.”
- The original name for butterfly was flutterby.
- The phrase “rule of thumb” is derived from an old English law which stated that you couldn’t beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
- The first product Motorola started to develop was a record player for automobiles. At that time, the most known player on the market was Victrola, so they called themselves Motorola.
- Roses may be red, but violets are indeed violet.
- By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you cannot sink into quicksand.
- Celery has negative calories. It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with.
- Charlie Chaplin once won third prize in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest.
- An old law in Bellingham, Washington, made it illegal for a woman to take more than three steps backwards while dancing!
- The Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from public libraries.
- The glue on Israeli postage is certified kosher.
- EMU’s and kangaroos cannot walk backwards, and are on the Australian coat of arms for that reason.
- Bats always turn left when exiting a cave!
- If you toss a penny 10000 times, it will not be heads 5000 times, but more like 4950. The heads picture weighs more, so it ends up on the bottom.
- Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.
- A duck’s quack does not echo, and no one knows why.
- It is impossible to lick your elbow.
- The only man-made structure visible from space is the
Great Wall of China.
- A crocodile can’t stick it’s tongue out.
- 40 people are sent to the hospital for dog bites every minute.
- A shrimp’s heart is in it’s head.
- Most car horns honk in the key of ‘F’.
- People say ‘Bless you’ when you sneeze because your heart stops for a millisecond.
- The most common name in world is Mohammed.
- A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.
- The serial number of the first MAC ever produced was 2001.
- Rats and horses can’t vomit.
- Most people button their shirt upwards.
- In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere.
- The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
- The last time American Green cards were actually green was 1964.
- 35% of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.
- 23% of all photocopier breakdowns are caused by people sitting on them while photocopying their rears.
- Most lipstick contains fish scales.
- There are 2,598,960 possible hands in a five-card poker game.
- More than half the people who read this will try to lick their elbow.